Employment Opportunity – Director of Ethics
November 12, 2019
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa is seeking applicants for a Director of Ethics in San Antonio, Texas. The Director is responsible for the overall planning, design, development, implementation, operation, and evaluation of ethics consultation, education, and integration throughout CHRISTUS Santa Rosa, including the Children’s Hospital of San Antonio. The Director works to integrate ethics into policies and processes, provide effective and consistent ethics education, and collaboratively improve clinical processes to reflect best practices in ethics. Using operational expertise in clinical ethics consultation skills, the Director supports the Ethics Consult Team in its work to respond to clinical ethics consults, responds to the more complex clinical ethics consults, and supports the Ethics Committee in its work of integrating ethics into regional processes, policies, and resources for ethics. The role reports to the Vice President of Mission Integration for CHRISTUS Santa Rosa and works in close collaboration with the CHRISTUS Health System Director of Ethics and the CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Regional Ethics Committee.
- Masters degree or above in Catholic Healthcare Ethics, bioethics, moral theology, philosophy, law, medicine, or similar field.
- A fellowship in clinical ethics is highly preferred.
- Minimum five years’ clinical experience in Ethics, preferably in Catholic healthcare.
- Experience with pediatric bioethics preferred.
- Understands and is committed to Catholic healthcare.
- Proven experience in planning, management, and implementation skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of clinical ethics and bioethics.
- Comfortable interfacing with clinicians in a clinical setting.
- Understanding of the Catholic Church, its teachings, and the Ethical and Religious Directives for Catholic Health Care Services.
- Preference for candidates who can speak and write in Spanish.
About CHRISTUS Health
CHRISTUS Health is an international Catholic health system with more than 60 hospitals and long-term care facilities, 350 clinics and many other health ministries in the US, Mexico, Chile, and Colombia. Sponsored by the Sisters of Charity of the Incarnate Word of Houston and of San Antonio and the Sisters of the Holy Family of Nazareth, our Mission is to extend the healing ministry of Jesus Christ. For more information, see www.christushealth.org/about
For questions, contact: